While it’s altogether more fun to focus on our online efforts in regards to local marketing, offline marketing has been doing the yeoman’s job for several eons, and you would be careless if you abandoned it like stale bread. Many methods are still extremely effective and can bring a more focused result locally than many of your online initiatives.
5 Offline marketing tactics that worked for years and still do!
- An attractive business card – A business owner without a business card is like a ship without a rudder. It is directionless and ultimately will show off as less than professional. Business cards are still a valuable tool, and you should make it your business to have a great card readily available all the time!
- Promotional items – This can run the gamut from a simple printed brochure, flyers, coffee mugs, t-shirts or anything else you can dream up that will cleverly advertise your business. Who doesn’t like free stuff?
- Meet-Ups and events – Getting your face out there at local events is a surefire way to connect to those who aren’t yet familiar with you or your business. Find a local event that’s a fit with your niche and you’re on your way!
- Sponsor a local team or organization – Sponsoring a local youth sports team or any other organization in need of help is a great source of advertising, goodwill and reach inside your community.
- Start a local business network – Assuming there isn’t currently one you are a part of, you can take advantage of this absence by creating one. If there is one around, join it and jump in. This is a fantastic way to make local contacts that are willing to help one another’s business with referrals and joint ventures.
Take advantage of these tried and true offline marketing tactics. They still work and will give you tons of local leads and revenue.