Despite the undeniable fact that your business website can be viewed all around the globe, it matters little if you’re a local business who’s not included in Google Local search results. This is where your bread gets buttered, and you have to be visible locally.
Since we now know that 1 in 3 searches in Google are now local in intent, and more than 70 percent of people look online for offline services, it’s a no-brainer that you must dominate your local search results, and here are a few ways to do exactly that.
5 Easy ways to start to dominate your local search results
- Google+ Local Page – Making sure your business has a Google+ local page helps provide the opportunity to appear in local search results. Go ahead and claim your Google+ Local page, and provide as much information as possible.
- Claim Your Citations – Citations are listings for your business on search engines and within social media. This could be on Facebook, Google, Bing, Yelp, and FourSquare, along with a number of other sites. Claim your listings on these sites for the links and direct traffic they provide.
- Reviews – Reviews are great not only for social proof but also for improving your ranking in the Google local search results. Getting reviews to your Google+ local page is one of the biggest things you can do. Ask your customers for reviews and provide them a link to where they can leave it.
- NAP – NAP signifies the name address and phone number. Making sure that this information is accurate across all your social media and sites is critical.
- Mobile – Since three out of four mobile searches result in follow-up actions like a store visit, social share, phone call or word of mouth recommendation, it’s vital your site is optimized for mobile so that you can be where all your customers are any time of the day or night!
For more information contact us to see how we can help.